I like chocolate milk very much

We'll eat you up we love you so!

Monday, November 21, 2005


A Story! A Story!

This is one of many stories about the funniest kid I know. His name is Luke, but I call him Louey. He is eight years old, and is my child alter-ego.

Last year, Lou was in first grade, and learning first grade things like spelling. He had an assignment where someone dictated the nursery rhyme "Jack and Jill" and he had to write what he heard.

My friend Karin was helping him with his homework, so she was the one dictating to him. Lou found this excercise to be pretty annoying, and kept asking Karin to help him. He's got this really serious gruff way of talking, so he sounds older than he is.

"Ah, Karin, could ya help me, please?"

"No Luke, Mrs. Thompson just said to do your best." And he goes on writing. Now the thing is, Lou knows how to write all these words, he's just annoyed. Keep that in mind. So he writes, Jack and Jill went up the hill to... Pause.

"Hey, can ya tell me how do you write 'fetch.' "

"I already told you, I can't help you; you just have to do your best."

Now Lou gets mad. His face clouds up and he says (are you ready for this?),

"Karin, I have never spelled fetch a day in my life, and I'm not starting now!!!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home