I like chocolate milk very much

We'll eat you up we love you so!

Monday, November 28, 2005


"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

I did not love it. I don't have any real criticisms of it, though. I just felt sort of blah--I think it's just because I don't love the movies. I didn't love the movie because it's not the book. First of all, I love "young adult" fiction. It has a very special place in my heart. I read a lot, and I mean A LOT, but the things I get really excited about are supposedly meant for young people. I think it's a really important medium. I think that it is ridiculous that some people think that the genre is some sort of 'sub-literature.' Anyway, the bottom line is that I think the Harry Potter books are an absolute delight, and have a lot of importance as well. And I just don't think that the movies can ever do the books justice, no matter how well done. I do think it was very well done; as I said, I have no real criticisms of the movie. I don't know, it just was sort of oddly deflating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home