I like chocolate milk very much

We'll eat you up we love you so!

Friday, December 09, 2005

What's in Your Head?


You know how people get songs stuck in their head? I get words stuck in my head too. For example, the word I have stuck in my head right now is "Kerfuffle" as in, "Someone had replaced all the salt with sugar, which caused a kerfuffle when the meal began." It means chaos or disorder, and I CAN"T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD.

Why does this happen? Does it happen to other people? I just wake up in the morning, and the first thing that pops into my head is 'kerfuffle,' or whatever other random word it is. When you have a song, sometimes you can get rid of it by humming, or singing, or listening to it. But how do you get rid of a word? I've tried writing it, saying it, crying, and sleeping with the dictionary under my pillow, but nothing helps. Who even knows the word kerfuffle? And here I am, brushing my teeth with 'kerfuffle' bouncing around repeating over and over in my head. Please, I'll take the Macarena, I'll take Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas, I'll even take The Brady Bunch Theme Song--but can I just have something normal, please?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home