I like chocolate milk very much

We'll eat you up we love you so!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Electronic Brains



Who knew that being in Grad school could be so much fun? The past two nights I've met up with my friend Amanda to "study." I'll spare you the sordid details, but I would venture to say that our productivity is rather low. Along with a million embarrassing stories and inside jokes we do, however, have photo-documentation of each study session on our phones. I guess they were more 'photo' sessions or 'eating' sessions, or even 'sending text message' sessions than study sessions.* Oh well, fifteen-thirty minutes of studying is better than no studying, right? At least we're trying.

Anyway, the point of my story is this: I was doing some homework for my cataloging class, and I was working on Subject Headings. A Subject Heading is a term that encompasses all variations of a term. For example, Cats is the authorized subject heading for felines, kittens, housecats, etc. When you look up an authorized Subject Heading, it tells you all of the terms that it replaces. My book used the example of Computers. So I'm looking at this, studying it, and I read that one of the unauthorized terms for Computers is "Electronic Brains." Yes, you read that correctly. "Electronic Brains," it's listed right after "Desktop Adding Machines."

Now, I don't know about you, but if someone asked me to help find them information about "Electronic Brains" I would immediately suspect them of being some sort of robotic zombie**, because what else would a Robot Zombie eat besides "Braaaaaiiinnnnnnnnnnnns. . . Electrooooonic Braaaaaiiinnss."

*session is a good "Un-word it" word

**I would also suspect this person of being born in 1914.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice. I laughed out loud in my cube, then checked to see if anyone noticed...

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger the chocolate milk girl said…

    Yes! My evil plan is working! (that is, "to cause others at least as much embarassment as I suffer on a daily basis")

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know what you're talking about. Thanks to my electronic brain, I was TOTES focused on both my studying and our shenanigans. That, after all, is why I am finished with my paper already. er...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home