I like chocolate milk very much

We'll eat you up we love you so!

Monday, February 20, 2006

How do I hate work today?

Let me count the ways.

I can't count that high...never mind.

I really wish I could have continued sleeping today, instead of getting up and coming here. Although I have to admit to it being a nicer Monday morning than I've had in a while, that doesn't change the fact that it is Monday morning and I had to go to work. It's sunny and actually above freezing, so it would be really fun to stay home and play today.

I'm sure that I express the sentiments of Monday morning workers across the globe as I write this. Makes me feel so connected, I mean, I'm sure over in California my brother is feeling the same Monday morning blah, and across the room my office manager is clearly not happy to be here. We're all so alike, really.

I had a fabulous weekend, the majority of which I spent in LaCrosse with my sister. We didn't do much, but had a great time doing that. I feel bad for her because she's in her fourth year at UWL (El-ed major=5 years), and this year is just a ton of work, so she always has a bunch of work to do and is really stressed. Poor little hermanita! We talked in a lot of Spanish, made a lot of plans that we didn't follow through on, and went shopping. We only got in one real fight, too! (well, unless you count the "disagreements" about music . . . then we got in several fights). We both bought summer clothes on our shopping trip, which was funny because it was the coldest weekend in, like, two years. I can buy a swimming suit if I want to!

My favorite things about the trip were 1.) coming upon Back to the Future on tv and being unable to tear ourselves away from watching it. Now I really really really want to watch Back to the Future II 2.) Playing 'Apples to Apples' with a bunch of people, and having Em pick my card every round. There's really nothing quite as refreshing as quicksand, is there? Especially if you love The Princess Bride.

Aside: She just called me at work, and when I answered the phone she said, "Hi." And then there was a big pause while my heart started pounding and I frantically tried to figure out which one of my customers it was before they realized I didn't recognize them and got upset with me.
And yes, several of my customers do that. Mike for example, but I can usually tell when it's him because it's always at about 8:01 am, and I haven't even taken off my jacket.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I watched back to the future 2 this weekend...
    I also went to a wedding and a total shirts-off dance party.
    Crazy times...

    later work buddy...
    <3 Eric

     

Post a Comment

<< Home